Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Best Gift from my Boys

Words...

Sami's latest lines are the following:
1. "No thanks"
2. "Put that back"
3."Shofie Mama" ("look, mama")
4. "dedie" (i think Libyan baby slang for "painful")
5. "Just a minute"
6. "i want" this or that or "i don't want/like" this or that

Leaf's words:
1. "No" (first word he can speak and understand, next to "mama" and "papa"...*sigh*)
2. "jooo" ("juice" but he actually means he wants to drink, even water)
3."hata" ("give me" which means "give" in arabic)
4. "nena" (grandma)
5. "lolo" (grandpa, in Filipino)
6. "yum" (eat)

Leaf understands the following:
1. Kitchen and "cook" (he knows where it is and what it is)
2. Tell him "wash" and he will go straight to the bathroom
3. "lie down", "pick", "give" and "get"
4. He points his "tummy" "head" "eyes" "nose"
5. "kiss" (he is the best lip smacker i have ever known!!!)

Other words that Sami regularly uses:
Please, Thank you or "shukran", taala or come here, please, "tibi" (i want...though he should say"nibi"), Where?, Mino? (for "who"), Here, There, "Oh no!", Yes, "Gosh!" "Wow!" ....

Sami is a cuddler and a hugger while Leaf is a kisser. They both may ransack their drawers but when i say "help mama" or "clean up" they will pick their clothes up and put them back in the drawer. The latest "art" of Sami today is another "abstract" on the wall in the living room. I will have to ask Tarek to buy white paint for Sami will be called "big problem" again when an uncle or aunt sees his crayola doodles on the walls of the house.




this was taken on the first day of 2009. they were watching Tom and Jerry and acting like Tom and Jerry. the background is Sami's "abstract" crayola doodles on the wall. and that's just one of the four designed walls of the living room.





















The boys' latest "feat" as of yesterday was dismantling/ breaking their underwear drawer. I was in the kitchen and heard a "blag!" from the bedroom and behold, there is Leaf inside the lower drawer and Sami, proudly showing me the parts of the upper drawer which they finally decapitated after taking out all their clothes.

The best gift i know i will be receiving from Sami will be words that suprised me about five months ago..."It's okay mama...don't cry" (i was acting one time to show him that pulling my hair hurt me and he said these words, stroking my face.) "It's okay mama, Sami's here" - these when i was acting scared and he hugged me, and "Too much mama? love?" - meaning "you love me so much mama?" when i hugged him and kissed him and "I love you too mama."
And from Leaf will be his sweet, wet kisses.

2 comments:

on the edge said...

Reading your post took me back to 30 years ago when both my boys were little and driving me insane with art projects , construction building sights in their closets , and tender sweet kisses and hugh hugs !

Try to remember these time will fly by so quickly and one day too soon they will be a distant memory, when you get tired or annoyed with them .

Take care of yourself and the new baby coming, ok ? Want to wish you and your family a very Happy New Years , much happiness , good health , and great prosperity in the coming year !

Anonymous said...

Seeing your son’s “art project” reminded me of my childhood ... I have painted hundreds of them when I was a child ... I wander how come that talent didn’t extend when I grew up LOL

My mum always remembers those “Paintings”... she decided to paint the walls using that kind of washable paint.. I do not know what it’s called in English…all the walls were painted except the entrance and the guestroom. It didn’t take me more that two days, and my mum found a brand new “art project” on the guestroom’s wall…it was a fantastic one..I brought a chair to get as high as possible!

My answer was soooo simple when mum asked my why I did that, I told her that the rest of the walls were unsuitable for drawing!

I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy reading your blog...keep going :)