Monday, November 24, 2008

Missing Home

I've been feeling homesick and missing everybody back home. I am also craving for Kalamay from Bohol, Piaya from Bacolod, Butterscotch from Iloilo, Siopao, Fresh Lumpia, etc..

My family just called from home. Tito is now on his vacation there bringing with him the camera. I hope to see photos of what's going on and faces of family members. This also means that there won't be pictures posted on my blogs until the 21st of December (Tito's arrival date here) unless he immediately send copies to us. Anyhow this will or might help me begin to work on the completion of writing "jobs" i promise myself to do. I hate constantly thinking about this idea, that thought, this feeling, etc...and not being able to really share them to some friends. I do chat with friends and family but i just couldn't seem to write what i really want to tell them and share to them. The thoughts tend to vanish in the hasty exchanges of mundane stuffs and the chitchats. That's why i plan to just write them in this blog.

Mama promised to chat this Sunday and so did tita Vilma and tito Dan. They asked me to list down my tugons from home. I guess i should do it now before i forget them on Sunday.

List of tugon:
1. Kalamay, Piyaya, Butterscotch
2. Crushed Graham Crackers
3. Unflavored Gelatin
4. Lactacyd (also one for sis in law, Hamida)
5. Jogging Pants (always on sale in Gaisano) for the boys (the cheapest is equivalent to one dinar, imagine that while the most expensive is about 2dinars plus which is Walt Disney brand. The cheapest here is 10 to 15 dinars!)
6. Any (really creamy, maybe ponds or nivea) facial moisturizer
7. Shanne Herbal Oil
8. My TOR and diploma
9. Alsa Gulaman
10. Lucky Me noodles, pancit canton
11. Mama Sita's palabok, karekare, caldereta, etc. mix
12. Bulad and bottled guinamos, Spanish sardines
13. Dessicated Coconut
14. Borloloy from Cogon and jewelry making tools also from cogon (borloloy)
15. Two non-smooth scarf: one short and narrow, one square.
16. Wide Headbands
17. Serving Plates for ma in law n sis in law Tizam
18. Beef Chicharon
19. Argentina corned beef, canned mechado, 555 sardines
20. cosmo, good housekeeping, yes, wow magazines
21. Curry Powder (because i do not like the taste of their curry powder here)
22. Binoculars for Tarek (should be not cost more than 10 dinars or esle he'll buy it here)

2 comments:

on the edge said...

I can SOOOOO relate to your list , even though mine is a little different from yours since mine is wanted from America instead of the Philippines !Amazing what you miss when you live in another country huh ? Well , I hope you get them all !

Pinky Tabor said...

I added two more on the list: bridal magazine and materials for making wedding crafts. Perhaps a small home-based business here will keep me real busy and from feeling homesick all the time. Thanks for your encouraging comments in my blog.