Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bath takes the Blues Away

I have recently developed a new philosophy after an experience of severe melancholia/emotional sensitivity to anything due to over-stretching myself. It's the seasonal blues, not literally brought by season change but by perhaps hormonal change or just phase-changes like that of the moon. Momental lunacy? Ahhh whatever was the cause, i decided to take a long warm shower and a tub soak. The effect was instant. I felt better after a three-day-pouring-out-of-trash. And i am ready for more trash again.

Strangely, the next day i found Romana's words so true.

I began to feel the need to connect with women- occasional lunatics, moms, housewives, givers...and of course, speakers of language i could speak. I still cannot relate well to the women in my family here so i tend to stay up here on the 3rd floor the entire week and see them for a few minutes on a day we are about to go to Janzour. Oh my sad existence.
But the bath, the soak, water, suds and bubbles...and the luxury of 30 minutes alone - it was a blessing that came at 12 midnight.

0 comments: