Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Good Chinese and That Beautiful Souk

I have been craving for chinese food, the real good kind of chinese because i am sick and tired of the 3-minute noodles. I saw one restaurant on the way to Janzour but am not sure if it's really Chinese or Korean. I am looking forward to be treated out by my habibi on my coming birthday. For now, these noodles will do.

And oh we went to the gold souk (either i forgot the name or wasn't told) located at the center of Tripoli and i super love it. Too bad i forgot to bring the camera. It was lovely and so are the gold and silver accesories. I could not wait to go back there and i hope it would be this coming weekend. The advantage of re-discovering "shopping" and in a new place is bent towards the people back home. I am now making a long list of what to send to who (friends and family). And the disadvantage, obviously is the damage it will do to our budget (lol). Good thing though, budget could be re-done/adjusted but a good bargain just could not be missed.

I also am looking forward to checking out stuffs in September and Buslin (? i don't know if that spelled correct) for i was told they have lower price there. I am nesting so this must probably be the reason for a long list of what to buy- bags (for the new baby and me), maternity dresses, crib, some linens, stuffs for the bedroom im planning to re-do (sheets, pillows, wall, carpeting, etc...)

I think i am really going to have a girl this time. My new (male, oh yes) gynie predicted a girl but this March, Inshallah we'll find out. I am a little upset because i could not name the baby Yzoebelle for it should be an Islamic name. I prepared Yusef for a boy but i am still researching for a girl's Islamic name that starts with letter Y but doesn't end in letter I or A. I like Aishaa but i hope i could change the spelling to Yshaa. I don't like Yasmin. I want something meaningful. Aishaa means "life, proseprity, living". And Yzoebelle means "beautiful life."

Ahhh dreams...*sigh*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gold is really expensive now so wait and buy later..

Most girls names end in 'A' you could always add an H at the end.... Yusrah, Yumnah... all I can think of is Yasmin...

Pinky Tabor said...

I've been thinking of that too, adding H at the end or maybe replace A with E at the end but am not sure if they will allow that here.

Thanks for the suggestions. ANd oh, btw, i thought the price of gold never goes down? I need to know more about this.

benghazeeya said...

theres also Yara.. but it could also end with an h .. like Yarah

benghazeeya said...

oh and by the way.. you can control how u want to spell ur child's name in english.. i named my lil cousin jenna and when they went to register the name.. they put the arabic.. and they were about to put spell it as Jana but we told them we wanted it as Jenna.. they told us thats the "wrong spelling" but we said its ok thats what we want.. and they rolled their eyes and put it taht way.. the arabic .. theres only one way to spell but u can do wiath u want with the english :)

on the edge said...

Yes gold is the highest it has ever been now , so wait . A girl ? Oh , how exciting , I will pray for your safe delivery . I is the baby due this month ? Time sure flies huh ? Good luck ! Oh , and Isabel is Zubayta in Arabic .Still nice .